Wednesday, August 6, 2014

WHAT-ever

 

Apparently my daughter is channeling Cher Horowitz, because her new phrase is "WHAT-ever." I don't know where she got this. She started saying it a week or so ago, not often, just in response to little things she didn't want to do but had to anyway.


"Audrey, come here so I can brush your hair."
"WHAT-ever."
*Comes and stands in front of me*

"Audrey, please put away your toys, it's almost bedtime."
"WHAT-ever."
*Puts away toys*

She still does what I tell her so I let it slide the first few times but I guess I should nip this in the bud before she thinks this is an appropriate response.

She's also big on apologizing lately, which seems great right? Except she will apologize for something she did wrong but then expect an apology for being corrected.

"Mama, I'm sorry for slamming my door last night."
"Thank you for apologizing Audrey."
"Now you apologize to me for getting mad at me."
"No Audrey, I won't apologize for correcting you, but I'm not mad any more."
"Mommy, I need you to apologize. I'm going to count to 5." *counts to 5*
Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment