Thursday, July 31, 2014

Out of the mouths of babes ...

This age is great in some ways, difficult in others. As Audrey gets older and is able to do more, I don't have to wait on her hand and foot. On the other hand, with this new independence comes more defiance, more of a desire to express her willpower. Overall, I have a great kid. Sweet, usually well behaved, polite, calm. But occasionally the sass comes out, or the temper tantrums over something ridiculous. I have to remind myself to take a deep breath, be patient, and remember that this will pass. (And hopefully not come back in full force in her teenage years.)

 
I make it easier by reminding myself of all the times she cracks me up with the ridiculous stuff that comes out of her mouth.

Me: "What are you doing?"
Audrey: "Nothing."
Me: "I was talking to the dog."
Audrey: "Oh. Well, she can't talk."

Audrey: "I don't like going to sleep."
Me: "Why?"
Audrey: "Cause I just wanna be crazy."

Her aunt: "Audrey you have to eat your dinner so your grow up to be strong and healthy."
Audrey: "Are you going to grow up to be strong and healthy?"
Aunt: "Well I'm pretty much done growing."
Audrey: "So why do you still eat food?"

Audrey: "Do you love me?"
Me: "Of course."
Audrey: "Well if you love me, I get to sleep in your room."
(She's always trying to weasel her way into sleeping in my room)

*Very excited*
Audrey: "Guess what Uncle James! Jack* pooped his pants today at preschool!! I smelled it. Do you like poop things?"
*changed the kids name just in case ...

No comments:

Post a Comment