Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Belated Bits of our Weekend


FOR NARNIA!!

I didn't plan on doing a Bits of Our Weekend post this week, because we didn't do much this weekend, but for continuity's sake - why not?
 
Yea, IDK why she insisted on wearing this get up out, but I just rolled with it.
On Saturday, we headed over to Chelsea Piers. I wanted to check out their birthday party situation and the gymnastics classes. Those are two expensive things that Audrey very badly wants this year, and I don't want to have to tell her no, so we will see how things pan out. Birthday parties in New York ... ugh. Most people's apartments are too small to host a party. If you have a Spring/Summer/Early Fall baby - great, set up shop in a park, order a few pizzas and call it a day. But Audrey's birthday is in November, which means I need to find something indoors. And everything indoors expects your child's weight in gold as payment. I'm seriously considering shelling out for this though, for a few reasons. First, I didn't do it last year. She was new at her school, and I wasn't sure enough kids would show up for it to be worth the expense. But this will be her second year at the school, and her last year with this group of kids. Second, this will be her birthday present. I will do something small for her to open the morning of her birthday, but I won't go crazy. And lastly, I don't plan on doing it every year. Next November, she will be in a new school again, with all new kids. So I will probably skip it again and just make the big birthday party an every other year thing till she's old enough to just have sleepovers with a couple friends or something. Or till we throw in the towel on New York ...
 
Audrey's first experience with face painting - she loved it.
 
Speaking of Birthday parties, Audrey had two this weekend. One on Saturday and one on Sunday. An entire weekend of birthday parties. Awesome for Audrey, not so much for me. One of the invitations said "No presents necessary." Perfect. The other one didn't, but I totally spaced on buying a present, which meant a last minute effort. Literally last minute - the party started at 3, and I remembered we needed a present at 2:40, as we were walking out the door. I ran back inside and grabbed a gift bag and some tissue paper I happened to have laying around from my own birthday a couple weeks ago and we went to the closest place I could think of that would have toys - CVS. Oh boy. This resulted in purchasing a remote control helicopter that was marked "Ages 8 and up" for a 4 year old. Oops.
 

Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.


The rest of our weekend was spent at the park and running errands, and of course, trying to potty train the pup without going crazy.


Those little legs ...



No comments:

Post a Comment