Monday, July 14, 2014

Bits of Our Weekend


Random graffiti on my walk to Trader Joe's

This weekend was my "birthday weekend" - but is it still a birthday weekend when you have a three year old and can't really afford extra childcare? There definitely wasn't anything special about this weekend. Audrey was my dinner date Friday evening. We went to a Chinese restaurant around the corner. I think I've decided I don't care for Chinese much anymore. Isn't that weird? To suddenly stop liking a food as an adult? It could be the fact that a few months ago I caught a nasty stomach bug, and Chinese had been the last thing I had eaten before I was violently ill. It wasn't the food's fault, but - guilty by association? Anyway, afterwards, we had cupcakes at home and I was in bed by 11. Woohoo, Friday night AND it was my birthday. What an exciting life I lead.
 
 
On Saturday, Audrey and I met a friend for brunch. I did start on one of my goals for the summer - to try new restaurants. For lunch we went to Tello. 
 
Blurry picture but these two together always melts my heart.
That evening, the man friend came to visit and we went to another neighborhood restaurant I hadn't tried, Pepe Giallo. Afterwards, we got ice cream from a truck, walked home and ate it on the stoop. The three meals out in one weekend was about the extent of my birthday celebration. Oh, and let's not forget the ABC Family Harry Potter Movie Marathon. I did mention how cool I am, right?
 
Using her snake toy as a pillow. Puppy life is exhausting.
We spent most of this weekend close to home because we're still potty training this little pup. So naughty, but so cute. Between lunch and dinner Saturday, we went to the park around the corner and ran a couple errands. On Sunday, Audrey spent a few hours with her father. I walked the dog, relaxed and went grocery shopping. I was a little too ambitious at Trader Joes - $90 worth of groceries, including a watermelon, and I was convinced I could carry it all home, instead of waiting for delivery. Bad idea. Very bad idea. I had to stop every 100 steps or so to adjust, was dripping sweat by the time I got home and my shoulders hurt today. Pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment