Monday, August 25, 2014

Bits of Our Weekend: American Museum of Natural History


This weekend we took mini-me to the American Museum of Natural History. This is her first "grown-up" museum. We've done The Children's Museum in New York and Charleston, SC, as well as the Children's Museum of Art, and other various interactive places. I figured this would be a good "first." The animals, etc. would keep her interested, even though there wasn't anything to actually play with/climb on. She did enjoy it, but there were periods of waning interest. She liked the animals, particularly the dinosaurs and the whale.
 
She wore her crown headband - but got tired of it eventually. "Mom, can you hold my crown? I don't feel like being a princess anymore."
 
Raaarrrr
 
We Are Star Dust.
 
I told Audrey the story about how her Aunty Sarah was named after a Triceratops* ...
 
... so of course that was her favorite dinosaur, and she chose a Triceratops stuffed animals from the gift shop.
*True Story: When my mom was pregnant with my sister, the doctor told her it was a boy. I felt very strongly that I did NOT want another brother, and decided screw the doctors, this baby is a girl. My favorite movie at the time was Land Before Time, so I told everyone I was getting a sister named Sarah. When the baby was born a girl, I guess my parents figured, well, why not?

We did lunch and umm maybe some gelato at Amorino ... yes, it's the third or fourth time we've been there in 2 weeks. It's so good!

Sunday was an errands and chores around the house day while Audrey spent the afternoon with her father. I finally bought one of those grocery carts after my miserable experience lugging my groceries home a few weeks ago, but didn't bring it, thinking I was only getting a few things. That was a bad call.
 
Lazy Dog is Lazy. Not even our steps.
 
Oh hey, little lady.
We also took Maddy on numerous walks, in an effort to move the potty operation outside, now that's she finally understanding where NOT to go potty, and is also capable of holding it for longer periods of time. I feel like I'm starting all over again, but I know it'll be worth it when the training is done, and she's finally going outside all the time.
 
Um, that's not how walks work, guys ...

No comments:

Post a Comment