Thursday, August 14, 2014

Cotton Candy Munchkin


I love Audrey's outfit today. She's been at the age where she wants to pick her own clothes for a while now. She loves dresses. Her next choice is skirts. She'll do shorts and leggings. She HATES jeans. Even the colored or patterned ones. She will only wear them if there's literally nothing else clean. This aversion to denim developed after I had already purchased her Fall/Winter clothes last year, so unfortunately for her, she was stuck wearing them more than she'd like, cause there was no way I was doing laundry multiple times a week just so she could wear dresses or leggings every day. My mom told me I was the same way. I refused to wear jeans for years, starting at about the same age as Audrey. Funny, because as a teenager it was basically all I wore - I never really wore dresses or skirts.

I learned my lesson while buying her new clothes for the Fall/Winter this year. No jeans at all. She still had a couple pairs from last year that fit her, but her new clothes are all tights to go with her dresses or leggings.

Anyway, she picked out the skirt this morning. I suggested the matching shirt, but she picked the sweater and the shoes entirely on her own. I love the pastels so I had to take a picture this morning.

And of course, a silly one:

 
 
Excuse the dog pee spot on the sidewalk in the background. Oh, New York. 

No comments:

Post a Comment