Thursday, September 25, 2014

Potty Training

Not Audrey. She's been potty trained for a couple years now, thankfully. The dog on the other hand ...
 
who, me?

I swear, potty training Audrey was easier. Why can't puppies just wear diapers till they're old enough to get the whole potty training thing? They make diapers for senior dogs with health issues, don't they?

Madelyn was drastically improving but then had a setback, seemingly out of nowhere. Not only did she stop holding it through the night, she wouldn't last even a couple hours in the crate, no matter how many walks she went on. We didn't think it was a health issue, because everything else was fine. She's started to improve again, but who knows how long this will last.

I had jokingly said a few days ago that if the dog didn't stop peeing on the floor I was going to put a pull-up on her. I kept a handful for some reason after Audrey no longer needed them. This morning, Maddie peed on the kitchen floor, and Audrey remembered my comment. She ran and grabbed a pull-up and we put it on the dog, just for fun. She got it off pretty quickly. Wishful thinking.

Um, what is this, human?
 
Get. It. Off.

Anyway, I hope the regression was a one time thing, and she continues to improve from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment