Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Bits of Our Weekend

This weekend was mostly the usual - gymnastics Saturday morning, some errands, etc. Saturday evening we went to the San Gennaro Festival in Little Italy. I've gone almost every year for ten or so years now, and I swear it gets crazier every year. Going on a Saturday was definitely a mistake. We could barely walk, and someone had to carry Audrey the whole time because I was afraid she was going to get trampled. We didn't really eat the street food, we just went straight to our favorite restaurant, Da Nico. I love that place, the food is delicious and the service is almost always great, but I swear they jacked up the prices - whether permanently or just for the festival, I don't know - but everything was definitely a few dollars more than I remember.

She insisted on wearing the crown headband. Like most kids, she's obsessed with band-aids. There was no real reason for wearing this one. And she stole the glasses from Uncle James. Queen of the hipsters.
 
We didn't stick around long afterwards. I grabbed some of the flavored cannoli from Stuffed Artisan Cannoli's stand. This is one of my favorite things about the festival (ok, at this point probably my only reason for still going). They don't have a storefront, but they make awesome flavored cannoli - birthday cake, cookies and cream, peanut butter chocolate.
 
She wanted to sit outside and blow bubbles, so we took the dog so she could get some fresh air too. Maddie was quite interested in the bubbles for a while, but then her attention shifted to digging in the little bit of dirt she could reach.
 
Friday's outfit, chosen entirely by Audrey. She asked for a picture but when I tell her to smile this is what I get ...

No comments:

Post a Comment