Monday, September 8, 2014

Bits of Our Weekend


This past weekend was the first in what will probably be a series of quiet weekends in the city. We go to Florida at the end of the month, so this past weekend and the next two leading up to our trip will be low-key (in other words, inexpensive).

Scaffolding - the jungle gym of the sidewalks. Classy.

The most exciting part of our weekend was Audrey's first gymnastics class. I had signed her up for weekly gymnastics classes for the Fall semester over the summer, and they finally started on Saturday. She was very excited, and in the days leading up to the class kept telling me she needed to wear a "bathing suit" to gymnastics. I didn't buy her a leotard right away, I wanted to make sure she liked it before spending any more money. The kids could also wear shorts and a t-shirt, so that's what I sent her in. I noticed most other kids were wearing the same, so she didn't feel left out for not having a leotard on.

Parents weren't allowed in the studio, I watched from a tv in the seating area that overlooks the gym.

My less than stellar view :(

After gymnastics, we did a carousel ride in Chelsea Waterside then ran a couple errands. It was supposed to rain on and off all afternoon, so we went home a little early, and other than a quick walk for the dog, stayed in for the day.

Oh you know, just waiting for the horses to go by so we can cross

On Sunday, Audrey was with her father so I used the afternoon to run some errands, clean up a bit and watch a couple episodes of Game of Thrones.  I also made a pot of this sauce, because we were almost out of the previous batch.
 
A quick Scooter ride Friday after preschool
 
 
 
Post Walk, little fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment