Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bit of our Weekend

This past weekend was another relatively quiet one, as planned. Audrey had gymnastics Saturday morning, which is still going well. On Saturday, I met up with a friend and we had drinks and then went to see 50 Shades! The Musical Parody, which was hysterical. My friend was able to get pretty cheap tickets, but it would have been worth even if we had paid full price. I had actually forced myself to read the first 50 Shades of Grey book at the height of its popularity, just to see what all the hype was about. Despite wanting to throw the book down a well by a couple chapters in, I soldiered on and actually finished it. Saturday was the first time I was glad I had done so. Having read the book actually made the musical even funnier. I'd go see it again in a heartbeat - in fact I'm thinking about dragging the man friend to see it.


Highly Recommend.



Double fisting the bacon at breakfast.
 

Her face when "Let it Go" came on during our second carousel ride. I swear her hair isn't always such a mess.
 

I bought Audrey her own umbrella: this is how she sat on the couch watching cartoons on the iPad

On Sunday, Audrey and I went to the park, had a snack in the grassy area of Chelsea Waterside, and rode our favorite carousel a few times. I also made a couple pots of soup. Now that it's (already!) getting chillier, I've been craving soup lately. I made Broccoli Cheddar and Cream of Chicken with Wild Rice. Definitely not the healthiest soup options, but making them at home is much better than getting take out - I can control what I put in it and know it isn't loaded with sodium, etc. I liked them but will try different recipes next time, or at least tweak these. These were good but both could have used a little something more.

One more quiet weekend till our mini vacation!




One more quiet weekend and then our mini vacation in Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment