Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Peanut Butter Pie


This pie ... omg. I actually loved this pie as a kid but then it was forgotten about, and only recently revived. My aunt always made this pie for family gatherings growing up, but when I was a teenager my Aunt and Uncle moved down south. My mom and I were brainstorming dessert ideas for a family dinner recently, and we thought of this pie. We did some googling to find a recipe that sounded similar to my Aunt's, and found a winner. We first made it a month or so ago, and followed this recipe exactly. It was amazing, but my crust didn't stick together very well. So the second time I made it, I used Double Stuf Oreos instead of regular, and increased the butter slightly.

This is another one of those recipes I can't make for just Audrey and I, because I'd eat far more than necessary. It's very rich, and I don't even want to think about the number of calories in a slice.

Peanut Butter Pie
Only very (very, very) slightly adapted from foodnetwork.com

Ingredients
Crust:
25 Whole Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (I used Double Stuf Oreos)
6 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 1/14 cups powdered sugar
One 8-ounce package whipped topping, such as Cool Whip, thawed

To prepare crust: Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Chop the cookies in a food processor into fine crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and pulse to combine. Press into a lined or greased pie pan and bake 5 to 7 minutes. Allow to cool.

Filling: Mix the peanut butter and cream cheese till smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix. Add the whipped topping and mix until smooth, scraping the sides.

Pour the filling into the cooled crust and smooth the top. Chill at least one hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment