Monday, November 10, 2014

Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese

Yesterday, I made a pot of Roasted Tomato Basil Soup. I had a bowl for lunch with a grilled sharp cheddar cheese sandwich. Ultimate cold weather comfort meal. Shockingly, I actually didn't even eat this as a kid. I was so picky. I only learned to appreciate this combo as an adult.

I put a couple servings in the fridge to have for dinner with Audrey one night this week and the other half in the freezer. It's one of my favorite soups - it's easy, healthy and of course, delicious. There's actually no cream in this soup. There's only 2 tablespoons of butter in the whole pot, and even that could probably be omitted if you don't eat dairy, and the chicken broth could be replaced by vegetable broth if you're vegan/vegetarian.


Yummmm

 

Excuse my paper plates - classy, I know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment