Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Audrey's Birthday



Audrey's party was this past weekend. She had a blast, and it was worth the expense and all the planning, but I'm glad it's over. Unfortunately, Audrey and I both came down with a stomach virus a couple days before the party. The worst of it was over by Friday, but I couldn't do anything in the days leading up to the party. I had made a schedule for myself in order to get the cake and favors done and it all went out the window. By Saturday, the day of the party, I was finally feeling like a person again, so I was able to finish the cake at the very last minute. Last minute as in, I had planned to leave my apartment by 2:45 and I was still sticking fondant snowflakes on the cake in my yoga pants and tank top at 2:40. Needless to say, it made things even more stressful.

Everything ended up fine though. Most of her classmates came, everyone had a lot of fun, and I got a lot of compliments on the cake and cookies. I didn't even love how the cake came out. I wish I had had more time to work on it, but I'm not going to stress it anymore.

Frozen Cake

The finished snowflake sugar cookies

The finished party favors: Troll Magic and a cookie
 
 I was really happy we did the party at Chelsea Piers. I hadn't been to a party there before, so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but they did a great job. For the first part of the party, the kids did various races on one of the basketball courts. Then they got to play in a huge, awesome bouncy castle. That part of the party especially was a huge hit.





The Coolest Bouncy Castle.

Later, they went back to the party room we were set up in and had pizza and cake. The staff was great - they were on top of not only serving everything, but keeping kids away from the cake and favors. I didn't have to do much, I could just enjoy it.

The next day was her actual birthday, but we had a very low-key day. Audrey loves bacon, so I had bought some for her birthday breakfast, planning to make pancakes to go with it. We were both still feeling run down and neither of us had much of an appetite, so I made the bacon and asked her if she wanted anything with it. She requested a slice of leftover pizza (from her party the day before). So Pizza and bacon it was. Ookkk. She opened her last few presents, and we spent most of the day playing with her new stuff. We went out to dinner, Audrey's choice. She chose the diner, haha. Fine with me. I do wish we had had a little more energy to do more, but she seemed to have a great birthday weekend anyway.

Happy Birthday, my wonderful girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment