Thursday, October 30, 2014

Yes, Please!

I'm very excited to read Amy Poehler's book, Yes Please, which came out Tuesday. I'm currently rereading Michael Cunningham's Flesh and Blood, one of my all time favorites, but Yes Please is next on my list.



I've read some excerpts here and in People magazine while in my dentist's waiting room, and I've loved everything so far, so I'm sure the rest won't disappoint.

My favorite excerpts so far:

"It's a wonderful day when your child gets old enough to be bribed. It's a whole new tool in your arsenal."

"Decide what your currency is early. Let go of what you will never have. People who do this are happier and sexier."

"Watching great people do what you love is a good way to start learning how to do it yourself."

"You can create something and the world will be forever indebted to and dependent on you."
-Courtesy of The Huffington Post

"When your children arrive, your heart becomes a room with wide-open windows. You laugh hard every day. You think about the future and read about global warming. You realize how nice it feels to care about someone else more than yourself. And gradually, you start to see the world a little more. It can be hard, this life. Beautiful too. Mine is beautiful, mostly. Lucky me."
-Courtesy of People Magazine

Also, Amy recent did an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit - worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment