Thursday, June 26, 2014

Silly Girl


This silly little girl cracks me up on a daily basis. Some of the gems that have come out of this child's mouth lately:

Me: Audrey, what would you like for lunch tomorrow?
Audrey: Um, Lobster.

Me: Audrey, what kind of vegetables do you want for dinner?
Audrey: Chocolate!
Me: Chocolate isn't a vegetable.
Audrey: Well put chocolate ON my vegetables!

(Upon seeing me lint rolling my pants)
Audrey: Did Max rub his hanging part on you?
(Max is our overweight cat. Upon further questioning, I discovered by 'hanging part' she meant his belly.)

(Walking past the wine store - apparently my kid thinks I'm a lush)
Audrey: Do you want some wine, Mom?

(Right before bed)
Audrey: Mom, did I have dessert?
Me: Yes, we had cherries, remember?
Audrey: Ok, just making sure.

Her new favorite phrase whenever she's told to stop doing something is "I can do whatever I want to do." It's fresh, so I have to stifle my laughter and put on my serious face when she busts out that one, but inside I'm chuckling at my little smart ass.

I bought the Q&A a Day for Kids book recently, and asking those questions produces some fun quotes too. We do the day's question each evening before bed and Audrey really looks forward to it - she's started running in my room and grabbing the book and a pen herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment